The Technology Collaboration Programme on Heat Pumping Technologies (HPT TCP) by IEA will organize a National Experts meeting on October 28, 09.00-16.30, in Nuremberg, Germany, in conjunction with the European Heat Pump Summit, which will take place on October 26-27 in the same location. You are welcome to participate and to invite other researchers and industry representatives from your country!
The main purpose of the meeting is to develop new ideas and proposals for future Annexes (international collaboration projects) within the HPT TCP. The outcome from a midterm evaluation of the Strategic Work Plan 2018-2023 for HPT TCP will form the basis for the meeting (read more) and the following topics will be discussed:
- Sector coupling
- since we need to explore and demonstrate how the technology can enable sector coupling to improve energy efficiency and increase the share of renewable energy in the mix by providing flexibility
- Solutions where both the cold and the warm sides of the thermodynamic cycle are used
- since it is of high importance to increase the overall energy efficiency to mitigate increased energy demand and climate change
- Alternative and new business models
- to stimulate mass deployment of heat pumping technologies and improve affordability.
- Digitalization for heat pumping technologies
- since we need to explore possibilities offered by the developments in this area and learn how to deal with new challenges (e.g. cybersecurity)
In addition, we will present an update about already existing ideas and proposals for new annexes which are under discussion and development within the HPT TCP:
- Heat Pumps for Drying
- Heat Pumps in Positive Energy Districts
- Comfort and Climate Box solutions for warm and humid climates
- Retrofit Heat Pump Systems in Larger non-Residential Buildings
- Heat pumps in High-Density Cities
- Evaluation and Demonstration of actual Energy Efficiency of Heat Pump Systems in Buildings (in collaboration with EBC TCP)
Please register for the meeting on September 20 as the latest. If you have ideas or proposals for new annexes that you want to discuss during the meeting, please inform us by sending an e-mail and we will take that into consideration when outlining the agenda for the meeting.
We will follow the situation regarding the Covid-19. In case the European Heat Pump Summit can not be performed as a physical event due to the pandemic but is transferred to an online event, the HPT TCP National Experts meeting will also be transferred to an online meeting.