The objective of the Annex is to analyse the information on hot water heat pumping technologies for the production of sanitary hot water in domestic and other applications. This information will be structured in such a way that leads to better understanding in the market by the end user and policy maker.
The work under the Annex will provide deeper insight into the potential of applying domestic hot water heat pumps using various concepts and systems for new as well as existing buildings by:
- Reviewing available domestic hot water heat pumps and combined heat pumps making hot water next to space heating and cooling.
- Reviewing the different systems for domestic hot water in their traditional and potential applications and gaining deeper insight in to the use of domestic hot water in order to create a solid basis for test and standardisation procedures.
- Developing and validating models to enable an objective comparison of domestic hot water heat pumping technologies and other systems.
- Making an overview of R&D, and sketching a scenario on the needed R&D. This information will be provided to industry players, institutes, and governments with the goal of achieving simple and low-cost solutions.
- Data basing and monitoring example projects to inform stakeholders of the viability of concepts.
- Creating a web based information platform to serve countries participating in the Annex by publishing information on their market, legislation and policy.
- Holding regular workshops