Annex 38 was concerned with solar and heat pump system for space heating and domestic hot water. A total of 55 experts from eleven countries attended some or all of its eight meetings over the period 2010 – 2013.
The objective of this Task was the assessment of performances and relevance of combined systems using solar thermal and heat pumps, to provide common definition of performances of such systems and to contribute to successful market penetration of these new systems.
Other objectives were needed to reach the main one where international collaboration was definitively needed to make it possible within a 4 years framework, mainly:
- Defining performance figures of a combined solar and heat pump solution
- Defining assessment and test methods of such systems
- Analysing monitored data on such systems
- Developping component models or integrating existing ones into a system model
- Simulating various systems under common conditions
- Providing guidelines of good practice to the market and stakeholder
- Providing authorities with relevant information on the interest of such systems.
- Staying close to the market and bringing independent information and knowledge to the actors on this market along the duration of the Task.
The scope of the Task considered solar thermal systems in combination with heat pumps, applied for the supply of domestic hot water and heating in family houses.