Today there was an afternoon session on the Daikin Best Student Award. In this session five students were given short presentations regarding their heat pump related projects and their research achievements.
Five speakers from five different universities are candidates for the Daikin Best Student award.
- Mounier Violette from the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne in Switzerland: ORC driven HP running with gas supported turbomachinery – potential and optimization (0.4.7.2)
- Yaodong Tu from the Shanghai Jiao Tong Unversity in China: Comfortable and high-efficient desiccant-enhanced direct expansion heat pump (0.1.4.3)
- Monica Ignatowicz from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden: Different ethyl alcohol based secondary fluids for GSHP in Europe (O.4.1.1)
- Benjamin Zühlsdorf from the DTU Mechnical Engineering Technical University of Denmark in Denmark: Heat Pumps using zeotopic working fluids mixtures (O.3.9.3)
- Tuomo Niemelä from the Aalto University in Finland: Comparision of energy performance of simulated and measured heat pump systems in existing multi-family residential Buildings (O.1.5.4)
After the presentation we voted for the best presentation. The winner will be announced at the Conference dinner this evening in the Laurens Church.