The Technology Collanoration Programme om Heat Pumping Technologies seeks candidates for the Peter Ritter von Rittinger Award which recognizes deserving individuals or teams who have achieved distinction in the advancement of heat pumping technologies, applications, market development and management or organization of activities with lasting international impact.
We are now announcing that nominations are being sought for the Peter Ritter von Rittinger award. This award, presented for the first time at the IEA International Heat Pump Conference in 2005, is awarded to deserving individuals or teams who have achieved distinction in the advancement of heat pumping technologies, applications, market development and management or organization of activities with lasting international impact.
The award is named for Peter Ritter von Rittinger, an Austrian engineer who is credited with design and installation of the first practical heat pump system at a salt works in Upper Austria in 1856.
Here is a link to the Nomination Form.
Criteria for the award
- An award may be given to a team or group as well as to an individual
- The contribution(s) have been made in Heat Pump market development, technology advancement or applications, or administration/organization of Heat Pumping activities with international involvement and impact.
- The contribution(s) of the candidate(s) are truly significant (having made a significant and lasting difference) and are widely recognized.
- The candidate(s) in fact played a key role in the contribution or achievement.
- The candidate(s) persevered to achieve a significant contribution despite difficulties, resistance or lack of support.
The Peter Ritter Von Rittinger award is given every three years at the IEA Heat Pump Conference. The award is a natural part of the extensive communications effort associated with the Conference. The award promotes the achievement accomplished within the Heat Pump technology as well as the Conference and the Agreement on Heat Pumping Technologies.
Award Instrument (medals, plaques, certificates)
A medal cast with Rittinger’s image, presented in an exhibit presentation case with the medal and ribbon.
Presentation of the Awards
The awards will be presented at the banquet held in conjunction with the IEA Heat Pump Conference on May 16, 2017 in Rotterdam.
To read about the previous awardees in 2005, 2008, 2011, and 2014 go the Rittinger Award section.