The conference offers a unique meeting place where advances and prospects in technology, applications and markets for heat pumps, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems for residential, commercial and industrial applications are shared.
In conjunction with the International Heat Pump Conference, the Peter Ritter von Rittinger International Heat Pump Award is awarded.
Read more about the Rittinger Award here.
Upcoming HP Conference
The 12th IEA Heat Pump Conference will be held from 15th to 18th May 2017, at the World Trade Centre in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. Read the brochure of the 12th IEA Heat Pump Conference 2017
This unique forum will pay attention to heat pumps, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems for residential, commercial and industrial applications. The Conference will begin with a series of workshops on 15th May and a welcoming reception on the evening of 15th May. The goal of the conference is to promote heat pumping technologies through discussions, networking, and information exchange. The conference will pay attention to heat pumps, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
- Plenary opening session with high level speakers Oral presentations in different sessions. Invited keynote speakers will lead each major topic session
- Poster presentation of papers after each session
- Exhibition of equipment and information kiosks
- Technical visits
- Social and sight-seeing program
- Workshops on international collaborative projects (Annexes in the HPT TCP - Technology Collaboration Programme on Heat Pumping Technologies - agreement and other collaborations
More than 350 high quality submitted abstracts are screened by an International Organizing Committee to ensure a balanced conference with a high quality structure, where presentations complement the invited papers. Full papers will be required by 4th November 2016. All papers will be published in the formal Conference Proceedings.
There are four main conference tracks:
- Smart Grids, District Heating
- Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
- Industrial Heat Pumps and Waste Heat
- Sorption Technologies and Working Fluids
In association with the Executive Committee of the IEA Heat Pumping Technologies, the conference is organized by the International Organizing Committee (IOC) and the National Organizing Committee (NOC).
- Per Jonasson Chairman IOC, Sweden
- Sophie Hosatte Vice-Chair IOC, Canada
- Hiroshi Okumura Vice Chair IOC, Japan
- Onno Kleefkens Chairman NOC, The Netherlands
- Marion Bakker Vice Chair NOC, The Netherlands
Past Heat Pump Conferences
Proceedings from the HP Conferences can be ordered from our publication database.
2014 - Montreal, Canada
"Global Advances in Heat Pump Technology, Applications & Markets"
2011 - Web conference organised by Japan
"Heat Pumps - The Solution for a Low-Carbon World"
The actual conference was decided not be held due to the great Eastern Japan earthquake.
2008 - Zurich, Switzerland
“Advances and Prospects in Technology, Application and Markets”
2005 - Las Vegas, United States
”Global Advances in Heat Pump Technology, Applications, and Markets”
2002 - Beijing, China
"Heat Pumps - Better by Nature"
1999 - Berlin, Germany
"Heat Pumps - A Benefit for the Environment"
1996 - Toronto, Canada
"Heat Pumping Technologies Towards the Next Century: Applications and Markets"
1993 - Maastricht, the Netherlands
"Heat Pumps for Energy Efficiency and Environmental Progress"
1990 - Tokyo, Japan
1987 - Orlando, United States
1983 - Graz, Austria